Friday, July 8, 2011

{to dream or not to dream?}

Biltmore Estate in NC. {my future home}

      It's been said that I am a dreamer. And? That statement could not be more true. I have been a dreamer since the moment I laid eyes on my first Disney musical. I have been a dreamer ever since I can remember. It was my dream in kindergarten to be a missionary. It was my dream in 2nd grade to be Sandi Patty. My dream in 6th grade? To meet and marry Justin Timberlake. As you can see...the Justin Timberlake dream did not come true (thankfully). My biggest dream of all is to serve God in whatever capacity He chooses. My biggest dream of all is to serve Him through music. 

       I can't imagine a life without dreams. Some paint dreamers in a negative light. Some would rather live life in a day-to-day world then spend a second on dreaming of what could be. I believe God gave me a heart to dream. I was not created to live life without any hopes or dreams. I was created for a purpose. We are all created for a purpose. Now don't get me wrong...I don't live in a fantasy world where Prince Charming picks me up on a white horse or where a herd of ducks follow me into the grocery store (but...actually that did happen.) I know life isn't fanciful and magical all the time. Life is full of hardships and hurt. Instead of drowning in the reality this world offers us; let's chase after the life that God has always prepared for us. Let's live life to it's fullest.  If God has put a dream in your heart I say GO FOR IT. We were not created to settle. We were created to dream. To hope. To love. TO LIVE

1 comment: