Monday, March 28, 2011

these five things.


Hello friends & blog readers!

We all have our little "happies" in life. The kind of things that turn our frowns upside down! It's like turning the "ON" button on in our lives. I've decided to give you a glimpse into my five things. . .



1. My niece London: We've been best friends since the moment this tiny little ball of energy was born. When she began to speak I became 'D-Nell': her singing Aunt who (in her mind) resembles Selena Gomez and holds a Hannah Montana microphone on the stage. Her beautiful spirit and her passion for life (and Jesus and singing respectively) capture my heart on a daily basis. 




2.  Starbucks Iced Green Tea: Need I say more?




















3. Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." We make plans and God laughs. I think God's gotten a big kick out of me and my plans! God's got greater and better plans for me and you then we could ever even dream up or imagine or hope for! Whenever I start to feel like things aren't working out the way I'd like--I look to this verse and I am instantly encouraged! 


4. Any book (or book turned into a movie) by  the wonderful Jane Austen. I am a lover of fairy-tales and happily-ever-afters and Jane knows how to write a em'. I mean---I didn't name my dog Mr. Darcy for nothing!


















5. Christmas Music. With sounds of jingle bells and words like "dashing"....how could one not love it? I love everything about Christmas (especially the REAL reason for it!) I know. It's March--but try listening to Christmas music without smiling. It cannot be done I say!












...and there you have it! My five things. What are yours?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say adding "altered" quotes from Jane Austen books to the emails I send you is one my faves!

    ReplyDelete