Monday, May 23, 2011

wah [wah] wah.

I took Mr. Darcy (my dog) to the groomer's the other day. When I picked him up they said he had a "bad attitude" while they groomed him.I wanted to say: "Well. If someone were to groom you...you'd probably have a bad attitude too." But I didn't. Side note: Mr. Darcy is a lovely English gentleman [who has a bit of a swagger.]


This had me thinking about our [human] attitudes. I am the kind of person that does not hide emotions at all. If you think I am sad--I probably am. If you think I am happy--I probably am. My face says it all. (I really wish it didn't.) I find myself several times a week complaining about non-important matters: "I'm hungry. /I'm cold./I wish I lived in a castle and had ladies-in-waiting serve me tea." (well the last one might be exaggerated.) 
A few years back a church started a 30 day initiative where they vowed not to complain for 30 days straight. There were wristbands involved and the whole nine yards. I'm pretty sure they made it on Oprah too. Which is like HUGE. (said in a Donald Trump voice.) So. I've decided to not UTTER a complaint for ONE WEEK. I think I can do it. Join me? I mean really--what do we have to complain about? We are loved by AN AMAZING God. Who PAID IT ALL on the cross for us [even though we are big ol' complainers] and never uttered a complaint. 



1 comment:

  1. Complaining is definitely something I struggle with. (ask anyone.) How about keeping each other accountable this week? :)

    ReplyDelete